Taco Soup with Grass-Fed Beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 servings Truly Simple Fully Cooked Smokehouse Chipotle Beef Brisket (or Beef Barbacoa)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 14oz can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips (or tortilla strips)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium high. Once sizzling, add onion and jalapeño. Cook 3–4 minutes until tender.
Add tomatoes and beef broth. Stir. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5–10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add black beans, corn, and two servings of Truly Simple Fully Cooked, including juices. Stir for 2–4 minutes until all ingredients are heated through.
Serve immediately, adding toppings as desired.