Slow Cooker Beef Ragout
- 4 Servings Truly Simple Fully Cooked Mediterranean-Style Garlic Herb Beef
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ white onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine or beef stock
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 12oz pappardelle pasta
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
135 Min Cook Time
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a large oven-proof pot over high heat and drizzle in olive
oil, onion, garlic, and carrot. Stir to combine. Cook 3–5 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Stir in tomato paste and red wine (or beef stock.) Cook for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, bay leaves and herbs. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Open Truly Simple Mediterranean-Style Garlic Herb Beef and add contents to pot.
- Cover the pot and place in the oven until meat is very tender and flavors have intensified, 20–120 minutes. While the ragout cooks, prepare pappardelle pasta according to directions on the package.
- Remove pot from oven. Remove bay leaves and discard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve ragout with pasta and top with parmesan cheese.