- 2 servings Truly Simple Fully Cooked Mediterranean-Style Garlic Herb Beef or Beef Chimichurri
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 5oz can tomato sauce
- 1 14oz can chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4oz panko breadcrumbs, crushed
- 1 cage-free organic egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a stock pot on medium-high heat. Add diced onion, bell peppers and 1 tsp minced garlic.
Once vegetables are lightly sautéed, add tomato sauce and stir for 1–2 minutes. Add chickpeas and season with salt and pepper.
Add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium low. Add 2 Servings of Truly Simple, including juices.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan over medium. Add minced garlic and cook until lightly sautéed. Crush breadcrumbs as much as possible, then add egg and breadcrumbs to the pan. Stir quickly until thoroughly mixed. Season with parsley and salt.
Once the stew has simmered 25 minutes, remove the lid, add the breadcrumb mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed. Serve warm and top with parsley.