- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Truly Simple Fully Cooked Chipotle Brisket
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 18oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 14oz can beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ 15oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cheddar cheese, grated, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, cook 5 minutes. Add chipotle pepper and garlic, cook until fragrant.
Add Truly Simple Fully Cooked Smokehouse Chipotle Beef Brisket, season with pepper and basil. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth and bay leaf. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
Stir in beans and continue to simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf, serve in 2–3 bowls and garnish with cheese and sour cream.