- 1/2 cup. uncooked rice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Truly Simple Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bell peppers, tops and cores removed
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, prepare rice according to package instructions. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste & garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. In a separate skillet, add Truly Simple Ground Beef and break up meat with a wooden spoon while it cooks, about 6 minutes. While the beef cooks, cut bell peppers in half. Drain fat from beef.
Add beef to tomato paste mixture then stir in cooked rice and diced tomatoes. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer until liquid has reduced, about 5 minutes. Place peppers cut-side-up in a medium baking dish and drizzle with oil. Add beef & tomato mixture to each pepper and top with cheese, then cover baking dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes.
Garnish with parsley before serving.